Voting Rating: 5 / 1 votes

Sunday, June 21, 2009

True Story


I had to write this down before it seemed like a dream.  Today is Father's Day, Happy Father's Day to Jason, and all the fabulous dads in our life!  Sam and Allie were playing in the hose cleaning the bat cave, so they got all wet.  I came in and changed both of their clothes, read a couple stories in Allie's room, then came out to the kitchen.  I put Allie down, and quickly she had walked out of the room.  I went to go find where she was, and she was in her room.  She found a binkie, and when I walked in she looked at me, and pointed to her crib.  I said, "Do you want to go Night Night?"  and she shook her head yes.  I then put her in her crib, thinking "this is never going to work."  A few minutes later and she is sound asleep.  What a sweetheart!  


5 comments:

Tony and Ashley said...

That is too cute! Only a mother would understand how great that is! Macie has been telling us it's bedtime when we keep her up too late- I love when they don't fight sleep, it doesn't happen very often but it's lovely!

Unknown said...

Too cute! Hopefully it won't be the first and last time she does this. And hopefully she wasn't just 'showing off' for Father's day! ;) Love ya And happy Dad's day to Jason

Charli Steed said...

First things first - WTH is the BAT CAVE??? And if there are bats - why were your children cleaning it? Love the super update on the blog!!! We have been patiently waiting - and it was well worth it! I cryed at the post about Sammy - he really reminds me so much of Joey! I am glad that you all had such a crazy - fun beginning to summer! Cannot wait to see you!!! Love and kisses!!!

Aubrey said...

Very cute story!!! Nikk, it's time you update your blog, it's way past father's day!!!i want to see new pics of the kids and you need to post one about your new home PLEASE!!!! Miss ya
Love you, aubrey

Aubrey said...

hi Nikk, how are ya, you haven't posted anything in a while and i cant find you on facebook anymore???