Voting Rating: 5 / 1 votes

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Here's to you our Allie Girl!



I want to give a little tribute to my Allie.  I still can't believe I have a baby girl.  I really wanted to know what her gender when I was pregnant with her.  I was so sure I was having a boy.  So sure in fact I told Jason, "we both know it's a boy, so let's just let the doctor tell us so we know for sure."  I will never forget Jason's words, "Yes, we do know it's a boy, but in the off chance it's a girl think of the surprise we'll feel."  I thank Jason every day for making us wait.  Not that we wouldn't have loved a little boy just as much, but Allie shocked us all!  When Jason said those words to me, "it's a girl."  I will never forget my shock, "A WHAT?"  I kept repeating it over and over.  Our wonderful Dr. and nurses were laughing at us.  It was an amazing delivery.  We really were not expecting a girl, and we were not expecting our Allie...
This picture captures a million words.  I still cry every time I see it.  
We knew from moments after you were born you were going to be very different from your brother.  You yelled and screamed the whole time.  We just laughed with you.  
You didn't act like Sam, but you sure did look like him.  When I first dressed you in pink I thought, it's kind of strange putting Sam in pink.  But, it didn't take long for you to change into such a little lady.  

No comments: